Professional growth development plan
The following plan was devised using the SMART format (Specific,
Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Time-Bound)
Self-assessment
Currently working as a computer support specialist for First Data I have
minimal knowledge when it comes to programming. I have basic knowledge of
hardware/software repair and basic networking. Even though I have a decent
skill set working with technology I would like to expand and branch out into
programing. I feel I need training in HTML, JavaScript and many other technical
languages.
Goal development
SMART
Specific: Increase knowledge and skill by reading
instructional material on specific areas (HMTL, JavaScript, SQL server). In
addition, I will increase my knowledge on general networking (home and
business).
Measureable: Attend classes at local college in regards
to networking and test my knowledge out in the field. Obtain Net +, Cisco and
Microsoft certifications. As well as finally finish getting my A+ certification.
Attainable: With tutoring from other technicians in
their fields of expertise. All while applying it to situations in the field.
They will also let me borrow texts to continue to broaden my knowledge at home.
Relevant: Able to help clients much easier without
the assistance of other representatives. Expand to programming and developing
new applications for productivity. Having all this additional knowledge will
make my resume more attractable to employers.
Time-Bound: I plan to have achieved these goals within
the next 3 years. By then I will be 25-26 and have more experience under my
belt to be able to move into a new career.
New Ideas
After reading everyone else’s blogs I started to realize that we
all had the same ideas roughly. I think I am on the correct path to achieve
where I would like to be but the schooling is needed. I need to have something
stating that I officially know the material and have an understanding of
everything. Employers normally do not take your word on things and want to see
proof before they proceed with anything. I will be working on getting my
bachelor’s degree and as many certifications as possible in the field to allow
myself to stand out on paper. I must also continue working as much as possible
in the field to gain the experience that is also required.
No comments:
Post a Comment