Sunday, February 17, 2013

Ch3-Compliant Script

Max Modem has now started offering a new DSL modem labeled D-700i. This modem offers easy set-up and operation. As well as a very slim design for those who do not like to have bulky equipment lying around. With a lower price point then many other modems on the market today, but having all the same features it is quickly rising to be the go to replacement when consumers are out for a new modem.

Compliant Script for D-700i Modem

1.       Thank you for calling Max Modem. This is Rep Name. How can I be of assistance today?
2.       May I have the model number for the modem in question today?
3.       If you are uncertain of the model you may be able to locate it on a sticker on the bottom of the device. It should be labeled as Model number and will start with a letter.
4.       Thank you, and what seems to be the issue that we are having?
5.       Is this issue constant or intermittent?
6.       Are all the cables securely connected to the correct labeled ports on the modem?
      a.       If not please unplug the cables and make sure they are securely plugged in correctly.
                                         i.      The light labeled Internet should stay a solid green.
                                         ii.      The other labeled ports with numbers may flash green if they have a cable connected.
                                         iii.      If no cable connected to that port the light will remain off.
7.       When was the last time the modem was power cycled?
      a.       Power cycle regardless of length of time from last power cycle; also have them unplug power cord from device.
       b.      If problem resolved proceed to next step.
8.       Have you contacted your ISP (internet service provider) to make sure there is no outage at the moment?
       a.       If yes, forward to technical support.
       b.      If no, have them call ISP and if issue is not with ISP offer reference number so when they call back can be forwarded to tech support.
9.       Forward to technical support
I am sorry I am not able to pinpoint the cause of the issue, but if I may have a moment I can get a representative online who will be able to assist further in solving the issue for you today. Thank your time. Have a great day.

2 comments:

  1. This is a nice script that covers all the basics. The only suggestions that I would make would be a few wordings. Some users may not understand intermittent. Occasionally may be a better substituted word. Also the power cycle should be more simply stated as turned off then on again to better clarify for non-technical people. Otherwise this is good. Have you done this before?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Perry, I will keep that in mind for future scripts. That being said I have not created a script before but I sure have read a bunch of them.

      Delete